G. Gene Arnholt
Our disability attorney in Indiana, Gene, has more than 35 years of experience in the practice of law. Throughout his career, he has focused more and more on social security disability and social security insurance (SSI) cases. Gene now handles only such cases. Our attorney has represented individuals disabled by a broad variety of mental and physical impairments, appearing before the administrative law judges of the Indianapolis, Evansville, Cincinnati, Danville, Louisville, Chattanooga, Illinois and Tennessee Social Security hearing offices. He handles claims to the Social Security Administration's Appeals Council as well as lawsuits in Federal court, seeking reversal of unfair decisions by the Social Security Administration.
By handling only social security disability and SSI cases, Gene feels that he can perform the best possible work on those cases. He maintains a broad library of print and online resources specific to disability law, and he stays up-to-date on the latest legal and medical information through regular attendance at national seminars for disability lawyers.
Gene is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) and is a part of the Indiana, Bartholomew County and Monroe County Bar Associations. He became the chairman of the Board of Directors of Legal Services Organization of Indiana and served on the board of its successor, Indiana Legal Services Inc. He earned the Indiana Bar Foundation's statewide "Pro Bono Publico Award" in recognition of his service to those in need.
Gene finished his studies at Indiana University and the Indiana University School of Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Social Security Disability
- Social Security Insurance (SSI)
- Indiana, 1976
- U.S. Federal Court, 1976
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1976
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- A.B., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1968
Honors And Awards
- Pro Bono Publico Award, Indiana Bar Foundation
Professional Associations And Memberships
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives (NOSSCR), Member
- Indiana Bar Association, Member
- Bartholomew County Bar Associations, Member
- Monroe County Bar Associations, Member
- Legal Services Organization of Indiana, Chairman, Board of Directors
- Indiana Legal Services Inc., Board Member